Del Sur Neighborhood Guide
Del Sur, one of the two upscale, planned communities of the Black Mountain Ranch community, is located north of Santaluz, west of 4S Ranch and Rancho Peñasquitos, east of Santa Fe Hills, and south of The Lakes. The community is surrounded by equestrian centers, country clubs, and areas dedicated to outdoor recreation making this neighborhood an ideal choice for home buyers of all ages looking to enjoy an active lifestyle.
The community of Del Sur was approved as a Black Mountain Ranch Subarea in 1998, and its first homes were sold in 2003. Presently, there are seven neighborhoods comprising Del Sur, most of which homes, ranging from1,276 to 7,384 square feet are already occupied. Some of the first homeowners of Del Sur are moving to Auberge, a community dedicated for residents aged 55+ with three neighborhoods namely The Cottages, The Villas, and Summer House.
Restaurants, Shopping, and Entertainment
Aside from the brand new Del Sur Town Center with its restaurants, shops, and professional services, residents can also drive to 4S Ranch Commons Town Center and 4S Ranch Village Center for fine and casual dining, shopping centers, banks, beauty and health care providers, and other professional services.
Parks and Recreation
The very first building at Del Sur—the Ranch House—serves as the center of community activities of the residents, in which they come together to plan events and activities throughout the year. It is where HOA offices are located, and has a library, kitchen, conference room, and indoor/outdoor event space. Built out of local and recycled materials, it earned San Diego’s first ever Platinum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for new construction sites in 2007 awarded by the US Green Building Council. The Ranch House can be rented for personal or corporate use.
The Del Sur, an eco and family-friendly neighborhood, has 13 parks open to all residents and visitors alike.
- Haaland Glen Park – has a playground, amphitheater, and solar-heated swimming pool
- Kristen Glen Park – has a solar-heated lap pool, hot tub, and stone and glass labyrinth
- Mel Driscoll Memorial Park – has a play structure, picnic areas, and a solar-heated swimming pool
- Old Stoneﬁeld Park – has a solar-heated swimming pool, a playground, a garden, a wildflower meadow, and a dog park
- Reagan Glen Park – has play structures, picnic areas, and a solar-heated swimming pool
- Spreckels Park – has a plaza, lawn areas, and home to Del Sur’s large sundial.
- Beltaire Park – has play and picnic areas, a solar-heated swimming pool, and bocce ball court
- Wade Park – has a wading pool, wet play area, playground, pool, and walking trails
- High Rose Park – has a playground, hot tub, solar-heated swimming pool. and access to hiking trails
- Jaqueline Park – has a solar-heated pool, Jacuzzi, playground equipment with swings
- Aubrey Park – a large lawn with playground equipment
- Village Green Park – a large lawn, has stage for community events, and connected to trails
- Angeline Park – has a solar-heated pool, spa, open lawn, and playground with swings
The neighborhood is also just a few minutes-drive away from popular country clubs, equestrian centers, and hiking and walking trails.
- The Santaluz Club
- The Crosby National Golf Club
- The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe
- Morgan Run Club & Resort
- The Farms Golf Club
- Bernardo Heights Country Club
- The Country Club of Rancho Bernardo
Riding and boarding stables:
- KDB Training Stables
- Fairbanks Riding Club
- Cherokee Training Stable
- Willow Creek Stable
- Blue Fox Farm
- Black Mountain Ranch Open Space Park
- Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve
- Del Dios Highlands Preserve
- Lake Hodges
The Del Sur community has annual planned events and activities, which include holiday lights contest and 4th of July parade and celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day and Cinco de Mayo at The Ranch House. The community also has crafts, sports, and activities for students through the Del Sur Elementary School Extended Student Services program.
The highly-ranked Poway Unified School District—Del Sur Elementary School, Oak Valley Middle School, Del Norte High School, and Design 39 Campus – K-8 School—serves the public school students in Del Sur.