Fairbanks Ranch Neighborhood Guide
The posh neighborhood of Fairbanks Ranch is a census-designated place with two gated communities; majority of its 3,148 population have bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, and incomes that are significantly above the average income across the whole country. Fairbanks Ranch shares its borders with Black Mountain Ranch and Rancho Santa Fe in the north, Torrey Highlands in the east, North City in the west, and a small section of Carmel Valley in the south.
Sitting on approximately 1,240 acres, Fairbanks Ranch has two guard-gated communities, which custom estate homes prices range from $2,000,000 to $10,000,000 or more. It is often considered to have some of the most expensive real estates in the whole country. It is home to celebrities, socialites, professional athletes, and successful entrepreneurs owning some of the most expensive real estates in the nation.
Restaurants, Shopping, and Entertainment
Unlike some of its neighbor communities, Fairbanks Ranch has no large shopping centers or strip malls. Residents go to The Fairbanks Ranch Country Club and the Fairbanks Village Plaza for dining and shopping. Other nearby shopping centers with grocery stores, gas stations, banks, drugstores and eateries include the 4S Commons Town Center, Del Mar Center, Del Mar Highlands Town Center, Lomas Santa Fe Plaza and the Flower Hill Promenade.
Parks & Recreation
The affluent neighborhood of Fairbanks Ranch is centrally located with easy access to nearby golf courses, parks and country clubs, and equestrian centers. The largest, public recreational spaces close to Fairbanks Ranch are San Dieguito County Park and the Black Mountain Open Space Park.
The 125-acre San Dieguito County Park has picnic areas with barbecue grills, a gazebo pavilions, basketball court, exercise stations, trails, playgrounds, and Miracle Field—a baseball field designed for use by those with special needs. The Black Mountain Open Space Park offers miles of trails winding through canyons and grasslands with spectacular views.
Other recreational areas located nearby include Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar Racetrack, Torrey Highlands Park, Torrey Pines State Reserve, and the beaches of Del Mar.
Nearby stables and riding schools:
- Rancho El Camino Equestrian Center
- Ridgemar Equestrian Center
- Concord Equestrian Center – located in the Del Mar Horsepark, situated in the adjacent community of North City, a 65-acre equestrian facility offering boarding, training and equestrian events
- The Santaluz Club – a premier clubhouse with a golf course, tennis and indoor basketball courts, a resort-style swimming pool, a fitness center, and casual and formal dining
- The Fairbanks Ranch Country Club – has three nine-hole golf courses namely The Valley, The Lakes, and The Ocean, fitness center, tennis and croquet court, and casual and formal dining
- The Farms Golf Club – a remodeled golf course with elegant dining options
- Del Mar Country Club – have access to the Joseph Lee-designed golf course, tennis courts, casual and fine dining, a fitness center, social activities and an Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Morgan Run Club & Resort – has 27-hole championship golf course, a resort-style swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness center, spa services, and casual and fine dining
- Lomas Santa Fe Country Club – has a William Bell-designed golf course with practice facility, 15 tennis courts, a heated lap pool and a children’s pool, and clubhouse dining
- Lomas Santa Fe Executive Golf Course
Most public school students in Fairbanks Ranch attend Solana Santa Fe Elementary School in the Solana Beach School District, and Earl Warren Middle School and Torrey Pines High School in the San Dieguito Union High School District. Private schools in this area include Fusion Academy, San Diego Jewish Academy, Cal Coast Academy, Cathedral Catholic High School, Santa Fe Christian School, Lifetime Montessori School, Horizon Prep, and Diegueno Country School.